B75 and a radeon 7850 ?

dsgreek

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
OK so, my dad promised me that if i do well enough ill get a new computer ( which is a warm welcome from my 7 year old rig i have currently) Here's the specs
i7-3770k
All-In-one B75 Chipset
16GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM
2TB SATA3 7200RPM HDD
4x CD/DVD +RW /-RW drive (24x Dual Layer DVD burner)
ATX Midi Tower Case Black ( No idea which case)
550W PSU W/ FAN ( no idea what brand and if it supports the 6-pi
27 INCH LED MONITOR

Yes, no graphics card, ive picked the 7850 to buy when i finally get the pc and install it then but will the b75 support the 7850 ?

Also tell me that most cases have the slots on the back for a graphics card !

Please help !
28/3/13 Note : No overclocking intended

Mahisse

Distinguished
Yeah it's no problem. Is this a home build rig? If so I would go with a z77 instead since you are buying a k processor. You won't be able to do any prober overclocking with the B75 chipset. If you are not planning to do any overclocking there's no need for k processor.

If I should suggest something here I would go with the i5 3570K processor since there are no need to get the i7 3770k if the computer is mainly for gaming. Buy a motherboard with z77 chipset that supports crossfire (with prober port speed) for the money you save on the processor. Stick with the 7850 card to save money. When the day comes where you feel the need for more speed you will have the option to overlock your processor and/or buy a second 7850 to crossfire.

You can't OC on a B75 chipset (nor H77), so there is no point in getting a k-series chip at all. I'd suggest an i5 though.

Get DDR3-1600 (make sure it's 1.5V CL9 (sometimes called CAS9)), and 8GB is fine.

Use the saved money as above for a faster GPU - the new Tahiti-LE 7870s are a good pick.

I REALLY suggest getting a better PSU - while 550W is fine, no brand ones often cannot deliver that and are a major fire/surge hazard.

Make sure you get an 80PLUS certified one, preferably with Bronze or higher, ideally Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, PCP&C, or some of the newer Rosewills.

The B75 will support any PCIe GPU (which is any GPU form about the last decade).

All cases will support a GPU (except for some mini-ITX ones - think very small).

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

couldnt agree more with all of this