Question B75M-A Looking for advice.

Aug 9, 2019
So currently I have an old build laying around that I'd like to drop some upgrades into, this is a budget build for sure and I understand it won't be able to run anything crazy, but I only play light titles on it anyways, Minecraft CS:go ect.

Currently it has
4gb of 1333mhz Ram
Intel i5 2320
MSI N560GTX Ti Twin Frozr 2
Power supply is 600w I believe? Maybe 650W.

I'm just looking for upgrades, I'm unaware of what gpu would be best to put in this that my power supply could handle, and I'm also unaware of what cpu besides the obvious 3770k that would do best as well.

The Mobo supports Gen3 i3/i5/i7

Any advice would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

OCZ is an older brand (they dont exist anymore) and that psu appears to be really old.

Whats your budget?

I would upgrade to 8gb first and then a newer gpu like a 1050ti or 570. The RX570 performs better but needs a better psu. ll do some research and see if the PSU is up to the RX570

Aug 9, 2019
OCZ is an older brand (they dont exist anymore) and that psu appears to be really old.

Whats your budget?

I would upgrade to 8gb first and then a newer gpu like a 1050ti or 570. The RX570 performs better but needs a better psu. ll do some research and see if the PSU is up to the RX570
As far as I can tell the psu seems totally fine, I've never experienced any power related issues so far.
Yeah an 8gb upgrade is on the way for sure. Any advice for CPU? Is the 2320 good enough?
as for budget, idk I don't really have one. Just seeing what's available for this system and going from there.

Aug 9, 2019
It good enough for most games. It may struggle in some.

Id suggest upgrading to a GTX1050ti and 8 or 16gb ram. If you want to spend a little more you could upgrade to an I7 3770
This works out actually, I can get an 8gb upgrade kit for $50cad, and I have my eyes on a 1050ti here for $80cad. Also managed to find a i5 3570k for $75cad.

Thanks so much for the advice!

ASK THE COMMUNITY