Question b85m-g with a i5 4460 not working even with a bios update

mcdj23

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
Hi. I did BIOS upgrade in ASUS B85M-G to 3602 and try to start with Intel Core i5-4460. The power is okay, but there is no bip and I can not even access bios (set up)

BTW - BIOS upgrade I did when I had old CPU (Intel Pentium) inside. It is working okay when I put Pentium again. With Core i5 computer is turning on, but no display, no bip on start.
Please help...

mcdj23

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
so i forgot i made this thread. im going to give an update
so it turned out that my motherboard was slowly dying . soon after building the system and never finding a fix to the bios and cpu problem the pc started shutting well using it weather i was playing a game of letting it idle and then it took a good bit of pressing the power button to get it to turn back on. at first I thought it was my power supply cause I went with EVGA's cheaper 450w PSU. but i later found out that it was the motherboard dying so i use that motherboard until the day it die and then got my self a gigabyte ga-h97-hd3 for about half the price I paid for the other one and so far this motherboard is amazing and now I can use my i5 CPU and my GPU is not bottlenecked any more

end of story be careful buying refurbished parts and don't buy them 4 months before you build your pc cause =so your 60-day warranty can be useful

also ik I could have to build an AMD pc but I already owned the CPUs and ram from a few old broken pc my uncle gave me a few years ago
so use I just reuse those parts

for those who want to know my pc specs
Gtx 1060 3gb
I5-4460
16gb ddr3 1600mhz ram
250gb SSD
1tb HDD
Corsair Carbide 100r case
Hyper t2 cooler
450w evga PSU

sorry for any bad spelling not the best at my spelling

if any admin wants to close this thread please feel free to