[SOLVED] Back again after many years.....

buddhaseeking

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
Its shopping season, and i remembered that this forum has provided great answers to me in the past. I need suggestions for a pcie x16 graphics card to run multiple monitor trading system. The computer is Dell precision T1700 running intel i7 4770 (3.7 Ghz) with 32 GB ram. Current Nvidia quatro fx-580 is struggling even to run one monitor (only 512MB vram).

I just started using this computer for running the numerous charts that need to be real time updated. The computer specs say that i can only run max 150W video card. What is the best video cards i should be looking at for this setup ? (I am considering a GPU in the range of 4GB - 8GB vram in it). The 2 monitors that will be connected to it will be 4k monitors 32" inch screen. Please provide couple of alternatives to look at.

Solution
If you need something just to drive a 1080p or so screen, then you can get away with a GT 730 or GT 1030. Or you can see what's affordable on the used market for cheaper SKU video cards.

Regarding the requirement, as long as it doesn't have PCIe auxiliary power connector, you should be fine.
If you need something just to drive a 1080p or so screen, then you can get away with a GT 730 or GT 1030. Or you can see what's affordable on the used market for cheaper SKU video cards.

Regarding the requirement, as long as it doesn't have PCIe auxiliary power connector, you should be fine.

Solution

buddhaseeking

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
Thank you for the suggestions. I see a lot of brand names that use nvidia chips. Can you mention few brand names that are known to be good video drivers ? Also note that i need this GPU to be able to drive 2 monitors (32 inch at UHD resolution). I need to watch for that 150W montherboard power limit - the only restrictive factor in the purchase.