Question Back and front fans

marioficozzi

Honorable
Oct 20, 2016
hi guys

my case (Thermaltake V200) has originally one back 120 mm fan connected with 3 pin that rotates ~ 1k rpm and due to his nature i can't module his rpm.

Recently i bought an ARCTIC P12 PST (120mm that i can module rpm ) to put it in the back of the case and move the original fan in front.

My question is : it's better put the Artic in front to push the air or it's fine in the back to pull off.

Of course the artic fan is much better and my doubt is that thermaltake fan , due to his poor rpm, can't push air from front to back .

My cpu is ryzen 5 3600 and cooler is Artic Freezer 33 eSports ONE

Lutfij

Titan
If you've bought one fan, that won't matter much. Ideally you should have all the fans be of the same make and model to have an optimal airflow from front to back(intake+exhaust). Might want to also mention if you have other fans in the case apart from the stock rear fan and the Arctic PST fan..

Reactions: marioficozzi

marioficozzi

Honorable
Oct 20, 2016
If you've bought one fan, that won't matter much. Ideally you should have all the fans be of the same make and model to have an optimal airflow from front to back(intake+exhaust). Might want to also mention if you have other fans in the case apart from the stock rear fan and the Arctic PST fan..

yes on top of case i have a 80mm fan from an old workstation with 4 pin (i can manage his rpm ).

I have put on top because is the only slot for this dimension