[SOLVED] Back audio jack stops working when front audio is plugged in

Oct 14, 2020
I have ASUS b150 M pro gaming motherboard. Using windows 10 64bit
When I plug in my headphones to the mobo jack, it works fine. Then, if I plug speakers to the front jack and want to switch back to headphones, it does not show me the option. It only shows one audio output which is the front jack.
Switching headphones/speakers does not change anything. Mobo jack only works when front jack is not used. Windows always only shows one output.
The weird thing is, if I uninstall Realtek driver both speakers show in the windows output option and I can switch between them but because there is no driver installed, the sound doesn't make any sense.
This leads me to believe it is a driver issue but I have the newest driver from official website installed and it does not work. It also is the only audio driver.
Any tips on what to try?

Solution
Mobo jack only works when front jack is not used.

This is a feature, not an error. Usually people have speakers connected to the rear jacks on the motherboard. When they don't want to disturb others in the room, they connect headphones to the front panel jack, and the speakers are turned off.

I can remove this feature in my ASUS Realtek HD sound configurator. Under settings (cog wheel in the top right corner), alternative. Yours may be different.
Mobo jack only works when front jack is not used.

This is a feature, not an error. Usually people have speakers connected to the rear jacks on the motherboard. When they don't want to disturb others in the room, they connect headphones to the front panel jack, and the speakers are turned off.

I can remove this feature in my ASUS Realtek HD sound configurator. Under settings (cog wheel in the top right corner), alternative. Yours may be different.

Reactions: matfr
Solution
Oct 14, 2020

Thats a weird feature. Anyways, thanks, it fixed the problem.
Should I close the thread? If so, how?