Back headphone jack gives static noise

ducamvinh

Prominent
May 27, 2018
My rig has an Asus EX-B250-V7 motherboard, here's the link to the product
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/EX-B250-V7/overview/
Lately i've been hearing some static noise from the back headphone jack whenlistening to high pitch sound from the headphone, like some windows 10 effect sounds, and audio as a whole is a lot less loud. This only happen to the back headphone jack, as when i connect my headphone to the front jacks, it works just fine, and overall sounds are just louder and better. My house's eletricity system is not grounded, as that's not a very common thing in my country, but i did a DIY grounding on my PC, by connecting the chasis to a long nail hammered deep into the ground, which solves the whole electricity in my case thing, not sure if that's related.

Edit: Disabling Loudness Equalization got rid of the static noise when a high note is played, but the audio is very irritating then, also, the front headphone jacks on the case still works great, loudness equalization being either on or off. That's kinda weird, normally, the front jacks should be the faulty one, rather than the back jacks.

ducamvinh

Prominent
May 27, 2018

How can i be sure it's the motherboard and not some driver issue though, i mean, yeah i've been reinstalling drivers without any progress, i've even taken the whole board out of the case to see if it's some grounding issue with the case, and the problem persists, but i mean, the front ports still work just fine