[SOLVED] Back in the late 1990's, my computer didn't agree with Star Wars Dark Forces II

fordongreeman

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
Back in the late 1990's, every time that I tried to play the PC game Star Wars Dark Forces II, that either my computer shut off, or the SCSI card that was plugged into my motherboard would be physically ejected from it's slot.

For some reason, there was something about SW Dark Forces II that didn't sit well with my PC.

Solution
There isn't any mechanism to physically eject a SCSI card.

Why did it keep doing that when trying to play Dark Forces II?

It would not have been, the card would have been screwed into the case back-plate, nothing software related, or even if your power supply blew up and started a fire, should have caused the card to actually pull out of the slot.

Unless you did not have the card attached properly and you were moving the case around, that could have pulled out the slot.
There isn't any mechanism to physically eject a SCSI card.

Why did it keep doing that when trying to play Dark Forces II?

It would not have been, the card would have been screwed into the case back-plate, nothing software related, or even if your power supply blew up and started a fire, should have caused the card to actually pull out of the slot.

Unless you did not have the card attached properly and you were moving the case around, that could have pulled out the slot.

Solution