[SOLVED] Back on Windows 10 because Windows 11 failed!

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
So my only resolution was to dig out the good old Windows 10 install media, and put that on my pc!

Windows 11 worked great until it failed. (I had it running for more than a year and a half error free)

Somebody post here, If you can verify that one can with ease create a new usb install media for Windows 11, and then go ahead and install that on a pc and end up with a stable system without errors and then remain up-to-date.

Solution
media creation tool probably just links to newest version of ISO, regardless of which version of tool you use.

That link I gave should make old installer. You could just use that for a while and update to newest version in a few months once they figurer out problems.
I am on 22H2, it works for me. So it might just be a driver you are missing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you were on 22H2 you should have had the choice to go to settings/system/recovery and chosen Go back
UIQ4c3L.jpg

If you want 21H1 again - https://pureinfotech.com/download-windows-11-21h2-iso-after-22h2/

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
If your problem was software, then a fresh OS install will fix it.
That is a nuclear option, though.

If the problem is hardware based, either OS will fail.
if you were on 22H2 you should have had the choice to go to settings/system/recovery and chosen Go back
UIQ4c3L.jpg

If you want 21H1 again - https://pureinfotech.com/download-windows-11-21h2-iso-after-22h2/

Yes , well very capable through the entire process, but I can assure you I have done everything 100% correct and yet I have not found success going on with windows 11 in it's current state, It's very sad situation, I liked windows 11 very much.

My windows 10 install works flawlessly, the problem defiantly lies with an incomplete and error prone version of Windows 11 finding it's way to the end user, and then to top it off not being able to recreate a install media with the proper install media creation tool for the required version!

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, I had used my one working flawless windows 11 usb install media to create my 22H2 install media usb, thus thus ending up without being able to go back to what had been flawless.

Recovery wasn't possible because by the time I had figured out that the install media version was at fault for the observed errors, I had made several clean installs, and then to go and troubleshoot and try random fixes is not what I do.

As a legitimate licensed windows administrator, I'd expect flawless operation 100% of the time.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
media creation tool probably just links to newest version of ISO, regardless of which version of tool you use.

That link I gave should make old installer. You could just use that for a while and update to newest version in a few months once they figurer out problems.
I am on 22H2, it works for me. So it might just be a driver you are missing.

Solution