[SOLVED] Back Panel Audio vs Front Panel Audio

Alcor_

Reputable
Jul 22, 2016
Hello guys,

I have a logitech G935 wireless headset and was wondering if plugging in the USB for the wireless audio in the front panel would cause me to get a lower quality audio.

I know that the motherboard's onboard audio is located at the back panel but would it actually make a noticable difference?

My motherboard is ASUS z170 Deluxe

Appreciate any help

Solution
It makes no difference since you are using USB. If this was a analog 3.5mm jack then it can vary, sometimes front audio is better since it isolates the connection from interference, sometimes its worse since the quality of the cable from the front panel IO is garbage.

But since you are using Digital USB signal then it makes no difference as long ad the USB port you are using meets the requirements for the headset.
It makes no difference since you are using USB. If this was a analog 3.5mm jack then it can vary, sometimes front audio is better since it isolates the connection from interference, sometimes its worse since the quality of the cable from the front panel IO is garbage.

But since you are using Digital USB signal then it makes no difference as long ad the USB port you are using meets the requirements for the headset.

Reactions: Alcor_
Solution

Alcor_

Reputable
Jul 22, 2016

That's what I thought, thanks a lot! :)

Gigabot

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
I just wantede to add to this after wondering myself, my mobo (strix b650e f) has alc 4080 and Savitech SV3H712 amplifier. I had tried 2 different pairs of IEMS through the back, I read this and hooked up fp audio and plugged in the front and my mobo audio software gave me more options and controls. As well as a louder at the same level audio for me. Maybe not for everyone but for me the front panel was the way to go.