Question Back-Panel won’t come off due to stuck screw

Noah M

Honorable
Jun 10, 2015
Hello! I recently bought a laptop (Legion 5i) from Lenovo. I want to take the back panel (cover) off to get inside. However, there are ten screws securing the panel to the rest of the laptop, but one of them refuses to come out. When I try to unscrew it it would just spin in both directions. It also makes a clicking noise sometimes. It seems to be holding down the panel to the laptop quite well. I have tried applying pressure on the sides to pry open the case while also trying to unscrew it. I am not sure how to proceed. Here is what is going on.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello! I recently bought a laptop (Legion 5i) from Lenovo. I want to take the back panel (cover) off to get inside. However, there are ten screws securing the panel to the rest of the laptop, but one of them refuses to come out. When I try to unscrew it it would just spin in both directions. It also makes a clicking noise sometimes. It seems to be holding down the panel to the laptop quite well. I have tried applying pressure on the sides to pry open the case while also trying to unscrew it. I am not sure how to proceed. Here is what is going on.
There is no good answer. If the threaded bottom has broken then you may have to use a dremel and grind off the screw head to get the back off.
That may be the only way you will be able to see what caused the screw to just spin.