Back up Issue

suspirium

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
When I attempt to back up my system. Ever since I installed back track linux on a separate hard drive: this issue has been present. (I am very interested In linux, but I think I will switch to Debian)

The windows 7 ultimate boots from the Grub which is located on the back track on the other harddrive.

I don't know if this matters, but I believe it has something to do with it.

Here is the message I error message which I receive.

Backup time: 6/24/2013 16:01
Backup location: The backup location cannot be found.
Error code: 0x80070002

I have researched this error code to no avail in the past.

Please help me tom'sHARDWARE you are my only hope!

Solution
Yeah Windows 7 needs to be the SINGLE or OS in charge, You have Linux in charge which 7 doesn't understand (and Linux uses a different File Storage system). So it can't "backup" Windows onto the same drive / second HDD. You could try buying a external TB with DVD/Backup Software, that boots on the DVD, then run the backup to the external drive and your done in a day or so.
Yeah Windows 7 needs to be the SINGLE or OS in charge, You have Linux in charge which 7 doesn't understand (and Linux uses a different File Storage system). So it can't "backup" Windows onto the same drive / second HDD. You could try buying a external TB with DVD/Backup Software, that boots on the DVD, then run the backup to the external drive and your done in a day or so.

Solution