Question Back USB ports stopped working for some devices

maks kuznia

Reputable
Jan 4, 2017
This is a very weird issue. On the back I have 4 USB 2.0 ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports. In the 3.0 ports I had plugged in a Valve Index and my WD Blue external drive. I started my computer but it wasn't detecting my Valve Index so I turned off my computer and switched the two USB's. But then my external drive didn't show up in Windows. Despite is still flashing its light. When I try to plug in a mouse or my flash drive though, everything works fine. So I checked the Device Manager. I plugged in the Valve Index and it kept refreshing the list and I spotted these changes: image1 image2. I checked some of those and they said: "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)".
I don't know what to do apart from buying a USB expansion thingy.
The only changes made to the system are installing the Valve Index, it was working for the past 2 days before this issue appeared.
Any ideas?

Why can't you just crop the images properly instead of downscaling so that the text becomes near unreadable?

Ok except from the images part - It may be one of the usb ports that are unable to deliver enough power to the external harddrive.

maks kuznia

Reputable
Jan 4, 2017
Why can't you just crop the images properly instead of downscaling so that the text becomes near unreadable?

Ok except from the images part - It may be one of the usb ports that are unable to deliver enough power to the external harddrive.
Imgur tends to downscale images on mobile for some reason so maybe that's the problem because the images are fine.
As to the USB port not delivering enough power. Why did this suddenly happen after 2 days of use? I mean my motherboard is 4 years old so maybe the controller fried or something? I'm just looking for an easy fix if there is one before buying a USB expansion card