Question Backblaze's backblaze.bzpkg file insanely huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

eepyikes

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
[Moderator note: moved post to Mac OS X.]

So I was cleaning up space on my Mac Pro SSD, using Disk Inventory X, and came across the backblaze.bzpkg file, which is currently taking up 15GB!!! Unacceptable. Does anyone know a way to shrink this file (besides the ridiculous suggestion of "exclude large files from backup")? Or, alternatively, is there a better cloud backup solution that doesn't use my SSD as their own personal junkyard?

I tried setting the "Temporary data drive" option to my external 7200rpm drive but the setting doesn't stick, I assume because it's an external drive (it's a Mac Pro trashcan, I have no option other than the external drive).

Any tips?

spinningstill

Notable
Jan 15, 2018
Mine is 1.17GB. Not an issue. What is "Temporary data drive" setting? Is that backblaze? Backblaze is the best online backup ever. Have you done a safeboot? Is your Backblaze the latest version? 15GB is not that much. Had CCC doing snapshots 50GB+.

eepyikes

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010

Latest version of Backblaze. And yes, 15GB is a lot. Especially on an SSD, as mentioned in my post. Frankly anything over 1GB is a lot, all it needs to do is catalog, it doesn't need to do a whole local backup or whatever it's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS