Backdoor Accounts, Security Vulnerabilities Found In D-Link DIR-620 Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstar42

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
How about an article reviewing SOHO wifi router manufacturers with an eye towards which ones take security seriously, don't have back doors, provide updates when new security issues are discovered, etc. I want a fast connection but don't want it to be part of someone's botnet!

PaulAlcorn

Managing Editor: News and Emerging Technology
Editor
Feb 24, 2015
I used Tomato for a long time, but not recently. Maybe its time to pick another tomato :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_(firmware)

\

kuhndj67

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
I've used Tomato on the classic linksys wrt54g (the router that the vendor left open to full os replacement) for at least 10 years... for a while not it's been relegated to being a FTTH router (not doing any wireless work anymore) but it's still chugging along and so is tomato. Both the 54g and Tomato are getting pretty old so they're outside my firewall (just in case) but they still work. As for DLink... never thought much of their networking products... seem pretty low end.

kuhndj67

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
I've used Tomato on the classic linksys wrt54g (the router that the vendor left open to full os replacement) for at least 10 years... for a while not it's been relegated to being a FTTH router (not doing any wireless work anymore) but it's still chugging along and so is tomato. Both the 54g and Tomato are getting pretty old so they're outside my firewall (just in case) but they still work. As for DLink... never thought much of their networking products... seem pretty low end.

Status
Not open for further replies.