Question Background programs run extremely poorly

sloan1209

Distinguished
May 6, 2016
When I play games Borderlands 3 for example at the moment, background programs run extremely poorly. I have a low resource needy game off to the side on another screen that gets less than 1 FPS when I'm not selected on it. When I select it, it goes back to normal and the main game doesnt seem to change either. When I stream on Discord, my friends say the stream is extremely choppy. Sounds like the same thing is happening to my stream that is happening to the secondary game, it gets very poor frames. Youtube videos seem to run fine, but that slowly drift out of sync with the audio eventually till I refresh the page. My first thought was that maybe my RAM is getting full. But with 2 games running and Discord, I'm only at about 50% RAM usage from what task manager is saying. I cant tell what is causing any of this, I've run this same secondary game before and it never used to do this. I have not changed anything with "priority" in the task manager, everything should be set to "normal" priority. any suggestions would help.

When I play games Borderlands 3 for example at the moment, background programs run extremely poorly. I have a low resource needy game off to the side on another screen that gets less than 1 FPS when I'm not selected on it. When I select it, it goes back to normal and the main game doesnt seem to change either. When I stream on Discord, my friends say the stream is extremely choppy. Sounds like the same thing is happening to my stream that is happening to the secondary game, it gets very poor frames. Youtube videos seem to run fine, but that slowly drift out of sync with the audio eventually till I refresh the page. My first thought was that maybe my RAM is getting full. But with 2 games running and Discord, I'm only at about 50% RAM usage from what task manager is saying. I cant tell what is causing any of this, I've run this same secondary game before and it never used to do this. I have not changed anything with "priority" in the task manager, everything should be set to "normal" priority. any suggestions would help.
What about other resources like CPU, disk, GPU ?
What does your system consists of ? It just may be not up to scratch to run all of that at same time. Just because it runs on another screen it doesn't mean it's using other resources.

sloan1209

Distinguished
May 6, 2016
What about other resources like CPU, disk, GPU ?
What does your system consists of ? It just may be not up to scratch to run all of that at same time. Just because it runs on another screen it doesn't mean it's using other resources.
I will have to look exactly what their usages are, but I have a 1080TI and an i5 9600k cpu

TRENDING THREADS