Background static noise when microphone is enabled

pchoi1123

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
Hello everyone this is my first post so I apologize if this is confusing/unorganized. I have an Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard and I noticed a very weird problem. I noticed when I stream on Twitch TV I hear a loud background static noise and assumed it was my headset. I tested the headset on my brother's computer and it appears to not be the issue. I went into my recording tab under sound and selected 'listen to this device' and I figured out that the microphone being enabled is the source of the noise. Even when no 3.5 mm jacks are used for microphone, simply enabling it creates the static noise. When I disable the microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio), the noise is completely gone. I cannot hear this noise myself but can definitely hear it in the background when my Twitch TV page is on another computer. I updated all my drivers and I am continuously trying to solve this problem. My question is what should I do next? Hopefully I can get some feedback and tips on how to fix this. Thank you everyone!

Solution
Oh I tried both and it wasn't working. I played around with the computer a bit today and found the solution. My Realtek HD Audio Manager actually had a noise suppression that I never seen before on this computer. Now the static noise is completely gone even when I use microphone boost at +30 db.

pchoi1123

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
Oh I tried both and it wasn't working. I played around with the computer a bit today and found the solution. My Realtek HD Audio Manager actually had a noise suppression that I never seen before on this computer. Now the static noise is completely gone even when I use microphone boost at +30 db.

Solution