[SOLVED] Background windows and desktop turn dark

Saint Grimm

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
Not sure if displays is the right area, but wasn't sure where else this would fit either.

I've only noticed it recently.

If I don't type/move my mouse for awhile, everything in the background goes dark. moving the mouse doesn't change it, but clicking on a different window, or even just the desktop changes it back to normal.

The active tab does NOT go dark.

It only really happens when I'm reading an article or something, so I'm not moving the mouse or hitting any keys... Or if I just step out of the room for awhile and come back, everything on the screen except for the active window (Pretty much always Opera browser) is dark.

idk if it's possible to get a screenshot but will attempt it. I have to assume it's some type of new windows function or something considering that the active window does not go dark.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

EDIT: Tried to take screenshot, but it lightens back up as soon as I hit prnt/scrn so I don't guess I'll be able to show it.

Last edited:
Solution
I think it's fixed.

I went into the settings and turned a bunch of stuff on/off and it hasn't done it since.

I turned power saver mode on then back off. I turned sleep off and then bk on. and a few random things in the ease of access menu as well. It hasn't happened since. No clue which setting actually fixed it though.

Saint Grimm

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
I think it's fixed.

I went into the settings and turned a bunch of stuff on/off and it hasn't done it since.

I turned power saver mode on then back off. I turned sleep off and then bk on. and a few random things in the ease of access menu as well. It hasn't happened since. No clue which setting actually fixed it though.

Solution