So I'm aware of a few solutions to data backup like having a NAS or manual backups to say a cloud service or an external drive. Whilst I'm aware these solutions work well I need something that's less time consuming, more elegant and not overly expensive. My idea currently is to automate the backup using Windows 10's built-in backup tool with the backup drive being a Seagate Ironwolf Drive. My current HDD is 2TB with a 240GB SSD. My questions are:
- Is an Ironwolf drive necessary?
- Since I know I can choose which folders to backup and most of my storage usage is games which don't need backing up, would 1TB be enough?
- Would I be able to use this backup if a drive fails? I know it can be used to recover deleted files and I believe system images but other than that I don't know much about the integrated windows tool.
- Would I be able to use the drive to restore files on a new install of windows with different drive sizes?
- Is there a better solution to this problem that's not overly complex or expensive?