Question Backlight bleed on laptop screen ?

jack.mckenzie199

Reputable
Feb 25, 2018
I recently purchased a new laptop (Early-2021 Razer Blade 15) and there is a small bar of noticeable backlight bleed in the right corner. I've done some searching and saw that backlight bleed is expected for an IPS panel, but I'm wondering if the amount present on mine is acceptable or if I should try replace the unit ? The photo here makes it seem worse than it is, my primary concern is that small blue-ish bar in the bottom right; as its the most noticeable. Its not noticeable in normal use unless on a dark screen.

Image: https://prnt.sc/1vtquli

Thanks.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That does look rather bright, however, if it doesn't bother you 99% of the time, probably leave it. My old PG279Q has pretty serious bleed, but I almost never notice it unless I remember to look for it.

If you happen to watch a lot of media content on your screen when it is dark, then it might be worth taking it up with them. My guess would be the screen is within their acceptable parameters.

Reactions: jack.mckenzie199

jack.mckenzie199

Reputable
Feb 25, 2018
That does look rather bright, however, if it doesn't bother you 99% of the time, probably leave it. My old PG279Q has pretty serious bleed, but I almost never notice it unless I remember to look for it.

If you happen to watch a lot of media content on your screen when it is dark, then it might be worth taking it up with them. My guess would be the screen is within their acceptable parameters.

Yeah, I thought that would likely be the case. I generally don't use it for much media as it was mostly purchased for work and instances where I am unable to use my desktop; so I likely won't be returning it. From what I've seen its also quite likely that returning it could result in a worse unit as a replacement. Thanks for the advice :)