Backlight Bleed or IPS Glow? What to do?

pwncakes

Prominent
Oct 11, 2018
Hello guys I purchased a new 4K LG TV yesterday called LG55UK6400PLF and when the screen is showing black colors(mostly when the room is dark as well because with lights on or during the day I can barely even see it) there is a yellowish/white color on the bottom left and right of the screen. What should I do? What's your opinion on this? I took a picture of my TV, you can check it on this link: https://imgur.com/Ts75rzJ The brightness on this picture is 50% which is the one I prefer.

Thanks!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, probably a question for LG or the retailer you bought it from. However, that does look more like backlight bleed than IPS glow.

Seems quite symmetrical though, so it might be normal with that panel.

By any chance is that where the speakers are mounted inside?

I know on the PG279Q the common problem was where the controls were in the bottom right, I still think it is caused by the force used on the assembly line to install those components. Same could be the case with the speakers being slammed in and an powered screwdriver stabbed in with too much force.

pwncakes

Prominent
Oct 11, 2018

Thanks for your fast answer, it's kinda confusing, when I go to far left or right of the screen and watch I 90% can't see it. Straight on and a little bit to left and right I can see it clearly. It's a little bit yellow tho that's why I'm confused. Probably not ips glow. The speakers I think are on the bottom of the screen yes but can't really tell if their on right and left.

TRENDING THREADS