Question Backlight Bleed or something else? should i return this day old laptop?

Shaun98

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
Hi, i just got my brand new medion erazer X6806 Gaming laptop today.

i was setting it up in work today and done a fresh windows install to remove the bloatware etc.
When it rebooted i noticed a yellow glow on the bottom and top corners of the LCD. i Have had a look online and people are saying its backlight bleed and im wondering if this is acceptable for a day old machine.

ill post some photos below, my phone camera seems to make it look worse than it is but its something to go off!

also it dissipates as i turn the brightness down but its still noticeable unless on the lowest setting and it goes much worse if i put the slightest bit of pressure on the bezel of the screen or even when i move the hinges to close the laptop.

the worst place with the issue to my eyes is the bottom left side but the pictures make the top right look worse

also these photos have been taken in a room with a tv screen on next to it i've read its worse in low light enviroments

my question is

1. is this acceptable or should i return it as its a day old?
  2. have i void my warranty by putting a fresh windows 10 on the machine?

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/qbkHK5L

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
At the age of one-day old your recourse will likely be returning to the store, which is exactly what I'd do.

If this happens to be typical for this model, yet the result is annoying to you, it will only get more annoying with time.

I, personally, would cut my losses immediately rather than investing any effort in remedying what should not need to be remedied in the first place.