Question Backlight on GTX 1070 logo not turning on ?

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
Hi guys,

I have an ASUS GTX 1070 TURBO

It has a backlit logo according to ASUS' website but on my GPU the backlight doesn't come on ?

I can kinda see there's a light behind the logo, so I dont know why its not illuminating/lighting up

Any ideas? apparently you can remove the logo as it is customizable, but i was wondering if maybe there's a also a software for it?

I bought the GPU second hand and I don't think the first owner knew that the logo is supposed to be backlit.

KyaraM

Admirable
It might be broken or the light not connected. I once read that some models have a plug in the GPU PCB to connect lighting to. If the previous owner deep cleaned and repasted the card before selling and forgot to connect it again, that could be one reason. Is it bothering you that much? It's a rather old card at this point and used; personally, I would simply write it off as not working and live with it if the card itself is good otherwise.

Reactions: barkersofgeraldine
Aug 17, 2022
It might be broken or the light may not be functioning. I once read that some models have a plug in the GPU PCB to connect lighting to. If the previous owner deep cleaned and repasted the card before selling and forgot to connect it again, that could be one reason. Is it bothering you that much? It's a rather old card at this point and used; personally, I would simply write it off as not working and live with it if the card itself is functioning otherwise.

KyaraM

Admirable
It might be broken or the light may not be functioning. I once read that some models have a plug in the GPU PCB to connect lighting to. If the previous owner deep cleaned and repasted the card before selling and forgot to connect it again, that could be one reason. Is it bothering you that much? It's a rather old card at this point and used; personally, I would simply write it off as not working and live with it if the card itself is functioning otherwise.
Did you just copy-pasted my text from over two months ago? Oo

And necro'd the topic...

Edit: downvoted for what, exactly, soentshells? LMAO...

Last edited: