Backlight problem Samsung syncmaster p2250

Doronz

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
My screen turns on for about a second, and then turns itself back off.
I've used a flashlight on it, and I could still make out the window shapes, so I gathered that it is a backlight problem.

I've opened it up, looked at the board, and all the capacitors appear to be ok (flat at the top).

I've read that I might need to replace the inverter board, but I couldn't really figure out what that is.

I'd really appreciate any help at this point.

edited to add photo.
fe2ya0.jpg

Solution
I had a same problem and a found that it was problem wiht the resistor on exit to the lams. I see that you have one resistor. In my boar was on the back side 4x56kohm an i put there one 220k ohm. Now it works fine. In your foto it is the top left one with red-red-yellow-gold colors

Tale__

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

Tale__

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
I had a same problem and a found that it was problem wiht the resistor on exit to the lams. I see that you have one resistor. In my boar was on the back side 4x56kohm an i put there one 220k ohm. Now it works fine. In your foto it is the top left one with red-red-yellow-gold colors

Solution

rendonTheTechie

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
I had the same problem as you, also replaced the 4 56K resistors. They lasted a few minutes and burned out again.

I'm also looking for answers at this point. I found the service manual. It says sweet nothing about inverter problems, nor does it give schematics.

Reactions: Bighouse
Jul 23, 2019
I had the same problem as you, also replaced the 4 56K resistors. They lasted a few minutes and burned out again.

I'm also looking for answers at this point. I found the service manual. It says sweet nothing about inverter problems, nor does it give schematics.

Huge kick, but did you succeed in the end? I'm having the same problem, where a 220K ohm 0.5 watt carbon film resistor burnt out. But maybe I need a more serious 5W resistor, or something.