[SOLVED] Backplate for evga 2070 super hybrid

Solution
Did you Google for like, exactly what you are asking for?

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109810491

I found it within 10 seconds.

Can it be used without the waterblock? I’ve been looking for a answer to that and people are saying no because there is no ventilation? What about the backplates that v1tech makes?

Perhaps you should have included this information with your initial posting...it would have made a lot of difference in the responses you received.

You don't have to use the EK waterblock to use the backplate, but there isn't a guarantee it will work other than emailing EK and asking if there are requirements for doing so. I think you are confusing Tom's Hardware for EK product support, please...
Whether it's meant to be used with an EK waterblock or not, it's the only backplate you're going to find for that card unless you find somebody with a similar RTX card that is being parted out. There are zero backplates available for that from what I can see.

Jun 2, 2019
Whether it's meant to be used with an EK waterblock or not, it's the only backplate you're going to find for that card unless you find somebody with a similar RTX card that is being parted out. There are zero backplates available for that from what I can see.
Can it be used without the waterblock? I’ve been looking for a answer to that and people are saying no because there is no ventilation? What about the backplates that v1tech makes?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Did you Google for like, exactly what you are asking for?

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109810491

I found it within 10 seconds.

Perhaps you should have included this information with your initial posting...it would have made a lot of difference in the responses you received.

You don't have to use the EK waterblock to use the backplate, but there isn't a guarantee it will work other than emailing EK and asking if there are requirements for doing so. I think you are confusing Tom's Hardware for EK product support, please ask the people who will know 100%.

people are saying no because there is no ventilation

Which people? It sounds like you are asking all the wrong people because this isn't only about airflow, it's about a backplate installation which is usually intended to act as a thermal dissipation plate, although this also depends on product design.

EK's site only shows it is a visual match, but not confirmed.

Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Maybe I was a bit salty on my response but my message is still the same: Google can help you a lot more than you realize if you just take the time to understand what you are looking for and eliminate false leads.

In this instance, I don't have the exact SKU or product code, so my best guess relied on the OP giving me the correct card model, which had the card listed on the backplate page.

Also be wary of getting information from friends who might not be experts on the subject matter you are seeking advice on. I don't ask my dentist what tires I should buy for my car and I don't ask my mechanic if those itchy weird bumps on my leg need checked out.

TRENDING THREADS