[SOLVED] backplate making contact with motherboard?

Sep 2, 2021
For reference this thread has a picture that uses the exact sam motherboard and cpu cooler backplate as me:

I was building a PC for my friend and it didn't work so we brought it to a hardware store to see why it didn't work. When building the PC I had trouble fitting all the washer into the backlate and I decided to put some screws into the backplate to connect the cooler without a washer. I suddenly realized this could be a horrible idea because the backplate could be touching the motherboard.

Do I need to go back to the store and tell that ASAP not to turn it on until they can install the washers? Or do you think it should be fine?

Solution
For reference this thread has a picture that uses the exact sam motherboard and cpu cooler backplate as me:

I was building a PC for my friend and it didn't work so we brought it to a hardware store to see why it didn't work. When building the PC I had trouble fitting all the washer into the backlate and I decided to put some screws into the backplate to connect the cooler without a washer. I suddenly realized this could be a horrible idea because the backplate could be touching the motherboard.

Do I need to go back to the store and tell that ASAP not to turn it on until they can install the washers? Or do you think...

Do I need to go back to the store and tell that ASAP not to turn it on until they can install the washers? Or do you think it should be fine?
Yes, if back plate is metal it's very bad to install it without insulating washers or pads because it can make short and blow motherboard. Do NOT turn it on or power up before that is fixed.

Solution