Question Backplate too thick for case - ok for mobo to be slightly bent / slightly diagonal?

Apr 12, 2022
Hi,

I am a first time builder in the process.

Relevant parts:
Lian Li o11 Dynamic Evo case
MSI pro 690 mobo
Arctic liquid freezer ii 360 AIO

The backplate of the AIO installed on the mobo does not fully line up with the hole in the metal panel of the case behind the mobo - as a result, the backplate is too thick for the standoffs. I can get the mobo attached to the standoffs but the side furthest from the IO is raised a bit in the air with screws not fully tightened, and the mobo is also flexing a bit from the pressure from those screws - is this ok or do I need a new mobo or a new case? Thanks.

Apr 12, 2022
A1-D727-A4-3727-45-DA-8-DAE-0603-DB2880-CE.jpg

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
I would either get a case that is compatible with your build or if you really like your case and don't want to change it, make a few phone calls to some local sheet metal fabrication shops with measurements in reduction of your motherboards mounting tray but it might cost more than a new case. I know like other tech's would tell you a bowing or flexing a PCB is not good leading to solder points breaking when under load or worse a broken processing die on an integrated GPU.