Backup 2 Drives to one HDD

namelessruin

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
Trying to clone my 500gb SSD and 1tb HDD to a single 2tb HDD. i have parted magic and was looking at clonezilla to clone but all i saw was disk to disk whic would erase target drive if i tried to clone 2nd drive. looked at the advanced settings and saw i could clone and creat partition on new drive at same time. my question is if i clone first drive which is boot drive with partition option and then try to do same with second drive will it erase the first backup(partition) or create a new one? if not how can i accomplish this?

Thanks in advance

Solution
G
Short answer: It won't work. Just transfer the data from both drives to your new drive, by simple transfer. It won't work because you would have to mess with the boot partition (the first 500MB UEFI one), and you don't know how to do that. And then both partitions will be messed up.

Clone your boot drive to the new one taking it over fully, and then transfer the data from the second drive over the old fashioned way.

I know you want to do something else, but in the end it won't work.
G

Short answer: It won't work. Just transfer the data from both drives to your new drive, by simple transfer. It won't work because you would have to mess with the boot partition (the first 500MB UEFI one), and you don't know how to do that. And then both partitions will be messed up.

Clone your boot drive to the new one taking it over fully, and then transfer the data from the second drive over the old fashioned way.

I know you want to do something else, but in the end it won't work.

Solution