Backup and Restore Windows 10 to windows 8.1

tayek

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
How can I backup all my files and restore to windows 8.1.Do I just copy my whole c drive and put it on a hard drive? I'm worried if I do that it will bring windows 10 with it.
I am having way to many problems with windows 10, I don't want it at all anymore.
I have windows 10.
Please Help

Solution
If you've been using Windows 10 for longer than 30 days then there's no option from Windows itself.

You'll need to download a Windows 8.1 ISO from the Microsoft site and install using it. Mind you, everything will be reset, including all of your data, files, etc.

If you decide to re-install Windows 8.1, you might want to grab a disk imager like Macrium Reflect, or a snapshot tool like Rollback rx. Basically you should have something that captures your Windows 8.1 state in case there's some sort of files added to 8.1 that stealthily re-installs Windows 10 on you.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
If you've been using Windows 10 for longer than 30 days then there's no option from Windows itself.

You'll need to download a Windows 8.1 ISO from the Microsoft site and install using it. Mind you, everything will be reset, including all of your data, files, etc.

If you decide to re-install Windows 8.1, you might want to grab a disk imager like Macrium Reflect, or a snapshot tool like Rollback rx. Basically you should have something that captures your Windows 8.1 state in case there's some sort of files added to 8.1 that stealthily re-installs Windows 10 on you.

Solution