Backup drive used on old computer, appears not to be partitioned on new 8.1 computer.

elginet

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
Had an old machine running Win Ultimate 7. Did a completely new build. Bought a new Seagate 3TB and backed up a ton of stuff from the old computer to move to the new one. Backup was verified. All information was/is still there.

Installed in new computer and it just doesn't show up. When going into Disk Management, it's there, but says "unallocated" and when right-clicking, the only options are to make it "a new Simple Volume"?

I'm afraid to choose this for fear it'll format the drive or re-partition it or something. It does this when installed IN the machine, OR when used in a dock plugged into the USB3 port.

HELP!

elginet

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014

The old was a gateway fx6803-3. It wrote to, and read from 3tb disk with no previous problems. Back ups were verified to be good.

This is the new build info from the order sheet.
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-HD3 1
128GB SanDisk U Plus SSD 1
128GB Samsung 840 ProSSD 1
DDR3 16GB 1600MHz DUAL C 2
EVGA GeForce GTX780Ti SC 1
Antec Nine Hundred 1
Corsair RM750 750w PSU 1
Intel i7 4770K Boxed 1
Corsair AF120 Blue LED 1
===================================

I shouldn't be having any issues.

elginet

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014

The old computer has 2 hot swap bays in it. This is where the drive was. The hot swap bays now seem not to work with any drive. I put the old computer back together with a new restored c drive. Supposedly with all the required drivers but I think I'm missing some.

I'm pulling what hair I have left on my head, out with this.