[SOLVED] Backup entire Windows 8 to Windows 10 different machines

skunkwrks

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Hello all, I ve searched the web for this and a lot of things come up but before I jump in and get an Image backup or ghosting software. I have a 5-year-old Windows 8 machine, i want to build a new machine (new hardware) with Windows 10. I need all programs to switch over without having to reinstall and enter all passwords and keys again. Possible ?

Solution
Hello all, I ve searched the web for this and a lot of things come up but before I jump in and get an Image backup or ghosting software. I have a 5-year-old Windows 8 machine, i want to build a new machine (new hardware) with Windows 10. I need all programs to switch over without having to reinstall and enter all passwords and keys again. Possible ?
Not gonna happen.

You can't import, in toto, the applications from one OS to another. Even of the same OS...say Win 10.
And going between hardware makes the OS itself need a full install.
Cloning/migration is good for moving an OS and applications between drives in the same system.
What you're asking for does not exist.

USAFRet

Titan
Not gonna happen.

You can't import, in toto, the applications from one OS to another. Even of the same OS...say Win 10.
Cloning/migration is good for moving an OS and applications between drives in the same system.

Solution

skunkwrks

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Not gonna happen.

Ok, just to clarify if i get another windows 8 OS but different hardware( Intell to AMD....etc) this will still will not work the way i would want.