Backup Outlook pst folder not showing emails

luvinlife1960

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've seen other answers regarding checking the filter, and scanpst.exe, but they don't seem to be working. My HD crashed and I needed to get a new computer. The outlook pst file was backed up online. All other restored files from backup seemed to work. I renamed the outook file, leaving in place the .pst extension. On disk the file shows 128,000 kb, so something's there. When I went to open the file in Office 2010, it shows all of my folders, but NONE of the content. But the file on disk still shows 128,000. Why isn't it reading the files?

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hello,

May I know if you have tried to repair your PST file? It may be corrupted and may need repair. Using the tool scanpst.exe?

Please ensure Outlook 2010 is closed first before repairing, once done repairing, kindly try to add the pst file back into your outlook.

If the problem still occurs, try to create a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail. Configure your new profile based on your organization's proxy settings & other configurations. Once done creating a new profile, select your new profile and try again to view your pst file.

Please let me know if you are able to view your PST file again.

naiduselvi2

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
Hi
This Backup error mostly occurs when your files get corrupt or unintentionally get corrupt. You can tackle this error easily by following some guideline such as, Check your Outlook configuration setting once, like account synchronization and new version updation is correctly done or not!

You can configure your Outlook profife through these steps
Go to start
Select Control panel
Mail Settings
Proxy settings
Create new account

By these simple steps, you can see your complete PST file database.

Thanks

Dec 21, 2018
Hi,
You can try to change the settings to get your emails back in the PST folder. For changing Outlook Settings you can follow the below steps
1. Launch the Outlook application.
2. Click on View choose Change View.
3. Go to a context menu, click on IMAP message.
Now, refresh your mail and check if you can view any emails. If not, check the filter settings and remove filters that have been applied to the message box. To do so,

Click View -> Customize Current View.
Now click Filter -> Clear All.