Nov 25, 2019
Hello guys. So I has a question. So I run a small business that handles a lot of Data and backups for my clients. I currently use Teamview to log into each clients server and manually pull down files that need backed up and store them on my servers. This works but its slow and tedious. I need recomendations on back up software that does a few specific things:

Free is preferred, but not necessary.

1. I need to be able to select certain files or folders to be backed up. I dont need full system backups.
  2. I need the backups to be outputted into a single solitary format like a .7z or .zip or whatever.
  3. Fulls, incremental, and differential option would be nice as well as specific file level as mentioned earlier.
  4. A client/server capable software would be nice so that after the backup was created, it would automatically copy it down to the server on my end

kanewolf

Titan
Most backup software can do items 1 - 3 on your list. Number 4, might be a two part solution. If there is local storage for the backup and you just want a remote copy then using a scheduled job that executes rsync might be the easiest thing. You would then spread the sync to your site over time to allow the incoming data to not overwhelm your download bandwidth.