Question Backup solution

Jan 4, 2022
Hello , currently we have a qnab nas storage with 2 hd of 4 tb , what is the optimum solution for doing a fast backup ?

USAFRet

Titan
Hello , currently we have a qnab nas storage with 2 hd of 4 tb , what is the optimum solution for doing a fast backup ?
I use Macrium Reflect to write Images from all my systems, to my QNAP.
Nightly or weekly, depending on the system.

Modified since I wrote this, but heres the general idea:

Reactions: CountMike
Jan 4, 2022
Well i dont know cause the storage was there before i was hired , i have dealt with it only because the involved team had not been able to access the data in it, though i contacted qnap support and they had slove the issue, after that i wanted to take a back up on an external hdd the data was 2 tb ,it started very slow and the estimated time was ridiculous but fortunately it took a day and a half ,that is the whole story :D with too much unimportant details

USAFRet

Titan
Well i dont know cause the storage was there before i was hired , i have dealt with it only because the involved team had not been able to access the data in it, though i contacted qnap support and they had slove the issue, after that i wanted to take a back up on an external hdd the data was 2 tb ,it started very slow and the estimated time was ridiculous but fortunately it took a day and a half ,that is the whole story :D with too much unimportant details

"because the involved team had not been able to access the data in it"
That would seem to rather a big deal.

Someone needs to get a handle on this.
Having a "backup" is of no use if you don't know what to do with it in time of need.

TRENDING THREADS