[SOLVED] Backup taking too much space

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
I have windows 10 pro and use a 500gb ssd for backup. I have somehow, i forgot how , set the backup for every week. The backups seem to be compounding or saving old backups and end up taking too much space 300+gb right now. I noticed that in the backup and secutity section of settings that i can check an option that allows me to have the computer delete old backups and keep the current one. Is this true or do i have to do more to have the computer automatically delete the old or two week ago backup and keep this weeks?

Solution
Use AOMEI Backupper Standard instead. It can create a disk image, clone or file sync of your hard drive and keep it up to date. Plus you don't waste space by keeping file revisions.

Windows File History misses a lot of files. If you have multiple users. You have to remember to turn it on for each user. Since for some reason. Microsoft in all it's wisdom decided a backup only means your user folders.
Use AOMEI Backupper Standard instead. It can create a disk image, clone or file sync of your hard drive and keep it up to date. Plus you don't waste space by keeping file revisions.

Windows File History misses a lot of files. If you have multiple users. You have to remember to turn it on for each user. Since for some reason. Microsoft in all it's wisdom decided a backup only means your user folders.

Reactions: robertdonithan
Solution