[SOLVED] backupping my system partition without the system files when formatting

samstalker

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
i want to reinstall windows 10 while keeping all my old info as they were like i want all my programs with their registries to keep functioning well and the same way they used to work but i don't want windows 10 old files to be backed up with them cause it has some problems, i'm trying to use AOMEI Backupper

Solution
When you install something, and then use it, it makes continual edits to the registry and elsewhere.
That registry also holds lots of things that relate to the OS.

You can't spawn off parts of the registry that might apply to certain applications, and apply those pieces to a whole new Registry that exists with a new OS.

Some applications, you can export all of its current settings, and import those into a new OS. Firefox/Chrome/IE does this.
But that only applies to that individual application.
With a whole new OS install, there is no "Apply all of the stuff from the old OS".

USAFRet

Titan
When you install something, and then use it, it makes continual edits to the registry and elsewhere.
That registry also holds lots of things that relate to the OS.

You can't spawn off parts of the registry that might apply to certain applications, and apply those pieces to a whole new Registry that exists with a new OS.

Some applications, you can export all of its current settings, and import those into a new OS. Firefox/Chrome/IE does this.
But that only applies to that individual application.
With a whole new OS install, there is no "Apply all of the stuff from the old OS".

Reactions: samstalker
Solution