Bad Antialiasing in almost every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

oknad30

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
Hey guys, so my problem is: Almost in every game (mainly Gta 5 and Witcher 3) i got really bad antialiasing. Even if i set MSAA x8 in gta 5, I still get brutal jaggies and flickering edges. I already tried: Set resolution to 2K and 4K, changed some settings at nvidia control panel and nvidia inspector and still the problem is not solved. I dont know what is wrong, Im rlly confused. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D9ymUnGcFI you can see, game look absolutly amazing. No flickering shadows, no texture bugs, no jaggies, straight edges. It looks 100 times better than my game. I dont know what is wrong. The video is from 2015, so maybe they downgraded graphics in last 2 years. I dont know. Do u have some ideas ? Thanks.

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: Intel Core I5 6500

Solution
Modern game engines with "deferred rendering" do not support simple AA options such as MSAA or SSAA. You could use AMD's VSR or nVidia's DSR to run the game at higher resolution and have it downsampled to your monitor's native resolution as a type of supersampling AA, but note this downsampling is performed with a less effective ordered grid which isn't as attractive as the old rotated grid supersampling.
Modern game engines with "deferred rendering" do not support simple AA options such as MSAA or SSAA. You could use AMD's VSR or nVidia's DSR to run the game at higher resolution and have it downsampled to your monitor's native resolution as a type of supersampling AA, but note this downsampling is performed with a less effective ordered grid which isn't as attractive as the old rotated grid supersampling.

Solution

saeedalizaheer

Prominent
Oct 11, 2018
Hey I got the same card and the same problem T_T

And I am using an adapter to convert HDMI into VGA as well so I can't use DSR.

Whenever I select DSR, the screen goes off with "Input Signal Out Of Range"

But if I don't, I get jagged edges in games. Tried with these:

• Assassins creed origins
    Rocket league
    Euro truck simulator 2
    Batman arkham knight
    Call of duty MW 2
    Call of duty BO 1

I know most of them are low end but my previous gt 710 used to run them without jagged edges (low fps tho xD)

Jun 10, 2019
So, my friends do not seem to be having this issue, but I find a massive amount of aliasing in my pc games, texts, and images. I realize this is a common problem, but i want to know whether this has to do with my Graphics card or my monitor. With a 1060 3gb, i7-8700k, and 16 RAM, I believe my pc has the ability to perform the action of maintaining a good picture. Of course, the monitor is left on the other hand. I would like to know how to solve this issue, need as much troubleshooting tips as possible

So, my friends do not seem to be having this issue, but I find a massive amount of aliasing in my pc games, texts, and images. I realize this is a common problem, but i want to know whether this has to do with my Graphics card or my monitor. With a 1060 3gb, i7-8700k, and 16 RAM, I believe my pc has the ability to perform the action of maintaining a good picture. Of course, the monitor is left on the other hand. I would like to know how to solve this issue, need as much troubleshooting tips as possible
If you are having an issue please make a new thread instead of digging up one thats almost 2 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.