Question Bad asus rog rx 580

Nov 13, 2019
Hey can anybody help me or give me a suggestion on how to fix my gpu it’s semi working i can get video but only from one hdmi port and there are green and purple lines that get displayed that cover a lot of the monitor

I believe the issue was caused when I was coming home from a friends and I was packing my pc up everything was unplugged but the lights on my motherboard were still on and I forgot whether I turned my psu off or not so I flicked it (not to sure wether I flicked it on or off) and when I got home the problem occurred the only confusing thing is that nothing else has acted up in my computer it was only my gpu

specs of pc are
Core i5-8600k
16gb GDDR4 vengeance rub pro
Asus h370-f
Rm850i
Corsair h150i
250gb ssd
Asus rog rx580

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
I could give you some tips to try at least to resolve the problem.

-Check PCI connectors from your psu, also the conecctor to the mobo.
-You could also try with another power supply, but the one you had is good enough for all systems outhere.
-Unistall drivers with DDU, and then run this https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher. After unistalling drivers and run the pixel clock patcher, install the latest drivers and reboot the system. (This is a common problem with amd gpu's for some reason).
-If nothing from the 2 last steps works, try another PCI to verify the mobo.
-Also try a clean windows installation.

If doesn't work nothing RMA the gpu.