Bad bios checksum

harbour2

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
hi I have a asus p4p800 motherboard intel pentium 4 c p u a nvidia geforce fx55o vidio card with 1 gb of ddr pc 320 memory . when I install the new memory I receve bad bios checksum error it then goes "cannot find floppy drive canot find c drive". if i start my computer press F1, computer goes into set up bios .I then exit bios computer running fine till I turn it off and reaboot. start the prosess again. with 1 gig of memory computer is fine but windows recognises the 2 gig when installed so why the error with two gig on start up. thank you Colin

G

I have a similar problem, but I have not installed a new motherboard. I have been operating a newer OS off a USB stick, and thus configured my BIOS to load from there.

I restarted my eeepc 2gb surf yesterday without the USB stick inserted, by accident. Before the last proper shutdown I had been using a portable disc reader to write a disc.

I do not know if by removing the portable reader I have confused the BIOS or by inserting the OS USB stick I am misunderstanding what USB device the BIOS is trying to recover off of. I have now got a similar error and this is the message:

" Boot block compatible version ver. 023
Please do not insert any disc or CD-ROM or Floppy drive
if you want to recovery with a USB device.
Bad BIOS check sum. Starting BIOS recovery
Checking for USB device
USB device found
Readin file 700.ROM"

And that's where it stops. Cannot get into the BIOS at all, have tried several combinations, though I know f2 is the key. It does not even enter the Asus start-up screen to allow for BIOS entry, but bypasses straight to the error screen.

mradrhtaa

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
i am having a similer problem when i turn on the netbook it says

Booy block compatible ver.031
please do NOT insert any disc into CD-ROM or Floppy drive
Bad Bios checksum. starting BIOS Recovery

what do i do? can someone help me?

mradrhtaa

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
i am having a similer problem when i turn on the netbook it says

Booy block compatible ver.031
please do NOT insert any disc into CD-ROm or Floppy drive
checking for USB device...
USB device not found!

what do i do? can anyone help me i have tried many times and cant get it to stop?

imurtaza

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Hi, i'm having same problem now on my asus p5qc mobo...

Boot Block compatible version Ver.058
please do NOT insert any disc into CD-ROm or Floppy drive
checking for USB device...
USB device not found!
Reading file "P5QC.ROM"

and its keep reading..i waited for almost 20 to 30min...

plz help me... :(

micky444

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
i also had the same problem. i tried to remove c mos battery, reset jumpers but no result. second option was to flash my bios.
even after that my comp could still not boot.
this is the crazy thing that i did: i removed my bios chip from mother board, placed it on a burner and heated it gently and let it to cool down. after two day i placed it back and my comp was OK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
my motherboard is asus