Bad bios flash now card wont work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My brothers GTS250 Has alot of heating problems so he want to flash it to a 9800gtx not plus. Anyways is this possible?

G

He did it, and as we speak he is downloading the drivers for 9800gtx so he can use games on it, and see if it still overheats.

G

So i did a bad bios flash now my card wont work its a GTS 250. Can i get a new one or better card if i RMA it? (ASUS)?????

you can put a PCI gfx card in, or use onboard video if you have it, while the gts250 is in. This will hopefully give you a display so you can boot and try to update the bios again (did this when a bios update on my ati radeon 8500 went wrong). Try find another BIOS if the one your using gives an error. If that doesnt work, or you are unable to do it, you can try a blind flash. To do this, you need to create a dos bootable disk/usb stick with all the appropriate flash files. You can type all the commands in "blindly" (without display) or create a batch file (autoexec.bat) prior to this that automates the necessary commands (its old-school, but handy at times like this). There should be threads about this elsewhere if you google it.

G

I Want too. But people are saying it wont work. Though i beg to differ as The card isnt working how would they find out its been flashed?

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
How will they know its been flashed though? The card itself wont work completley
They'll check it and find out some way or the other. You had been warned about the dangers of flashing the VGA bios before.Now its your problem, you can do whatever you want with it(maybe use it as a paperweight :lol: ).

Hmm, many people here would hate me when i suggest you this:
Just tell the shop the card isn't working well but don't tell us the card has Flashed.

Normally, if there's something's wrong with your card, you just can RMA it to get replacement if it's still on warranty, like i said before, don't messed up with BIOS, once you ruined it then you just ruin the card itself...

pfft, they will not even check if it has been flashed. the most they will do to check it is plug it in and go, "ok a dead card, send a new one". You think they waste their time checking into these things for something that they are trying to get rid of stock of and that is worth less than $100 to them? just send it back and get a new one dude.

G

Yep, anyways i dont think they make GTS250's anymore so hopefully i get like a 5770 xD jk What card do u they give u if they dont make gts 250 anymore? My fried said he RMA'd his 8800gtx for bad bios flash and got a gt240 or something i forgot.

So what card will i get as replacement?

yes, take it back to where you got it, and act stupid, as if it just stopped working, no display. Then when you get your new one, for gods sake, dont try any more BIOS flash tricks, there is really no reason to. If you want to overclock it or whatever, use MSI Afterburner. Then you can set up profiles for different clock frequencies or whatever.

G

Ok so im planning to say this:

"I was playing a game then all of a sudden my computer just turned off, and it would turn on but nothing would show up on the screen I checked on the internet and they people said it might be the graphics card having a faulty cooler or some said it might of died and they said that I can get it replaced from the manafacturer because im still in warranty"

Anyways hows that good or bad?

G

Ok, so I ruined my graphics card now time to RMA.

Ok, so if i RMA what should i expect a better graphics card or a worst btw Im going to RMA a GTS250 my friend that used to work at a computer part store said maybe ill get a 5770 or a gts 450, is he right? Also how long does it take to get a RMA done from ASUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.