[SOLVED] Bad cooling EVGA 3080. Please advice!

Nov 28, 2020
I just upgraded my video card with EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB TW3 and I believe I have huge issues with the case ventilation.

https://ibb.co/pyYghwC
As you can see from the picture my case is inverted! (had to be because of the interior of my room)
In the front I have two intake fans that are cooling the water AIO solution for the CPU. Also have one intake fan that is connected to the video card that stars when the video card fans start.
On top I have two exhaust fans.
On the back again one exhaust fan.
https://ibb.co/7Nbt5MP
The issue I have is with the running temperatures mainly of the GPU. With FurMark test I'm reaching 83-84 degrees in less than 5 minutes then auto lowering the core clock. In the same time card is not overclocked and hardly reaches more than 1600mhz after these 5 minutes. As far as I see from many other users - they are having temperatures between 65-75 degrees with 1900Mhz core during the FurMark test. What can I do to improve my cooling and airflow??
Thank you all in advance!

Solution
Can you explain why why to remove the glass panel? Just for test .... or - without it it has lower temperatures 3-5 degrees but I can't leave it without. Also what do you think to flip the front fan to be exhaust /the one that is above the cpu aio radiator?
I suggest removing the side panel as a test to help get the hot air out the case and gpu fed with cool air. If temperatures significantly improve you know it’s an airflow problem.

Did you turn those 2 exhaust fans around?
Nov 28, 2020
I think the gpu is fighting your 2 exhaust fans for air. The side of the gpu near the exhaust fans is the air intake so the gpu and the exhaust fans are trying to suck in the same air. Try flipping those exhaust fans and retest with the side panel off.
Can you explain why why to remove the glass panel? Just for test .... or - without it it has lower temperatures 3-5 degrees but I can't leave it without. Also what do you think to flip the front fan to be exhaust /the one that is above the cpu aio radiator?

I suggest removing the side panel as a test to help get the hot air out the case and gpu fed with cool air. If temperatures significantly improve you know it’s an airflow problem.

Solution
Nov 28, 2020

I'll try now. Actually my last build was with Pentium 800Mhz, here i just switch the cards :) So even trying to reach the screws of the top exhaust fans will be task for me :)
Thank you for your time! Will write as soon as i got results

Nov 28, 2020
My guess is those exhaust fans are the problem. I think they are choking the gpu of fresh air. Happy to try and help.
I think I got much better results now! I flipped the top fans to be intake and the front fan above the cpu aio radiator to be exhaust. Now I no longer reach 83-85 degrees on the gpu but the top was 80 degrees. And all this is without aggresive curve on the GPU fan. With aggressive curve I get no more than 75 degrees. I know it is not the best at the moment because many users keep their gpu in better temperatures. But anyway it is better for sure! Will think for another method in the future, probably the back exhaust fan must be change with something more powerful, because it is sillend wind 3 ..
Thank you for your help!

I think I got much better results now! I flipped the top fans to be intake and the front fan above the cpu aio radiator to be exhaust. Now I no longer reach 83-85 degrees on the gpu but the top was 80 degrees. And all this is without aggresive curve on the GPU fan. With aggressive curve I get no more than 75 degrees. I know it is not the best at the moment because many users keep their gpu in better temperatures. But anyway it is better for sure! Will think for another method in the future, probably the back exhaust fan must be change with something more powerful, because it is sillend wind 3 ..
Thank you for your help!
Glad to have helped :)