Bad CPU memory controller? Faulty motherboard? Any input appreciated!

Mar 16, 2018
I've been having many problems with BSOD's (MEMORY_MANAGMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, among others)

I've tried many different things, I've RMA'd my ram, bought a new motherboard (old one was ASUS PRIME B250M-PLUS), tried a new HDD, updated my BIOS on both boards and cleared CMOS, installed new chipset drivers for my motherboards etc. My system is stable in my current motherboard when having XMP enabled and only using a single stick of ram in the right most slot, but when I used both sticks I get the crashes. I am thinking at this point it must be the memory controller on my CPU, what do you tech savvy heroes think of this? Any suggestions? I've run memtest86 but I am too inept to understand the results.

Current Build:

-G Skill Ripjaws V (2 x 8gb) DDR4

-Intel Core i5-7500 3.4 GHz

-ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 Mini

-Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 1TB

-MSI B250M GAMING PRO

Solution
Do they work without XMP enabled?

XMP profiles don't always work (they should if listed on QVL). You might try manually setting your voltage and timings and dropping the speed to 2133. Getting these to work at full speed might require tweaking voltages.

iS_tech_geek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

Judging by what you're saying (that is also WITHOUT the memTest results) I would absolutely say it's a bad memory controller on the CPU. Is there any way you could give us some info on the memTest results?

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
Do they work without XMP enabled?

XMP profiles don't always work (they should if listed on QVL). You might try manually setting your voltage and timings and dropping the speed to 2133. Getting these to work at full speed might require tweaking voltages.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS