[SOLVED] Bad description of sensor cable

eirikheggelund

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2013
Hi.

I am not sure how to connect what seems to be the thermal sensor to my Z390-F motherboard. There is no description on the 2-pin connector to tell me which of the pins are SENSOR IN, and GND. It simply says 18W26 on a sticker slapped to the cable. There is an arrow on the connector pointing toward one of the pins though. Could this be pin 1?

Solution
I guess you have the sensor cable with sensor itself onto it.
From what I understand you need to hook it up however you want (otherwise they would state which and how to connect) to somwhere and tape it to that point.
I would not use it since the motherboard has pretty good sensors itself.

I call that "Extra" not necessary stuff.
I guess you have the sensor cable with sensor itself onto it.
From what I understand you need to hook it up however you want (otherwise they would state which and how to connect) to somwhere and tape it to that point.
I would not use it since the motherboard has pretty good sensors itself.

I call that "Extra" not necessary stuff.

Solution
Hi.

I am not sure how to connect what seems to be the thermal sensor to my Z390-F motherboard. There is no description on the 2-pin connector to tell me which of the pins are SENSOR IN, and GND. It simply says 18W26 on a sticker slapped to the cable. There is an arrow on the connector pointing toward one of the pins though. Could this be pin 1?
Try both ways, can't do any damage. It's just a passive component, a thermistor.