[SOLVED] Bad display after clean Windows install

Feb 26, 2022
Hi all,

I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10, but since, something seems off with my display. I have a Nvidia Tuff RTX 3080TI with a Auorus FI32U monitor. I've tried re installing my nvidia driver and have played with the display settings and nothing seems to work. The display does look OK, but not as good as it did before the windows reinstall. Basically everything looks grainy and this includes windows appearance and games.

I'm convinced it's an advanced registry settings thing or something and that it has something to do with the new windows install.

Any ideas?

Solution
D
Use DDU in safe mode To remove all graphics drivers and then reboot and let windows put its own drivers on and see if that looks better. Then you can try putting on your Nvidia graphics drivers again and see if it breaks again to see if it’s the drivers

Also one time I experienced a weird problem like this and it was a monitor setting
D

Deleted member 14196

Use DDU in safe mode To remove all graphics drivers and then reboot and let windows put its own drivers on and see if that looks better. Then you can try putting on your Nvidia graphics drivers again and see if it breaks again to see if it’s the drivers

Also one time I experienced a weird problem like this and it was a monitor setting

Solution
Feb 26, 2022
Yeah I ended up removing my GPU and re-installing, letting Windows install the driver coincidently as you have just mentioned, then going into a game and playing with the monitor settings, whilst waiting for a response, and now it looks good! Still think the display in Windows looks grainy, but I'm happy gaming looks good for now. Thanks anyways

TRENDING THREADS