[SOLVED] bad experience with Hyper X Alloy Elite keyboards.. suggestions?

zyclonenuz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2014
hi everyone ! first of all I would like to apologize for my poor English..

anyway just want to ask.. anyone here ever used Hyper X Alloy Elite 1 and 2 keyboards? i bought the Elite 1 around late 2019 and after like 5-6 months of using it some keys started to act up and not function properly then some keys just stopped working, so since it is still under warranty i returned it to the shop where i bought it and after 2 weeks they replaced it.. well actually not really replaced it. but told me they will replace it and i can choose any keyboard and brand i want since the Elite 1 was already phased out. Sadly there were not many keyboard to choose from that time so i got the Elite 2 instead. After 9 months of using it now here i am again having problem with some of the keys especially the letter "S" its not working properly. like if i press the letter S 10 times it will only register like 7-8 times.

anyone else had problems with hyperX keyboard? one main reason why i got this is because of the volume wheel/roller. i know its kind stupid reason. the other choice were corsair i think. but kinda way out of my budget. so anyway any suggestion of a good keyboard with volume wheel/roller and swappable keyswitch ?

edit

i bought the keyboard again to the store where i bought it. i hope they can replace it since it is still under warranty

Solution

anyway just want to ask.. anyone here ever used Hyper X Alloy Elite 1 and 2 keyboards? i bought the Elite 1 around late 2019 and after like 5-6 months of using it some keys started to act up and not function properly then some keys just stopped working, so since it is still under warranty i returned it to the shop where i bought it and after 2 weeks they replaced it.. well actually not really replaced it. but told me they will replace it and i can choose any keyboard and brand i want since the Elite 1 was already phased out. Sadly there were not many keyboard to choose from that time so i got the Elite 2 instead. After 9 months of using it now here i am...

Endre

Reputable

anyway just want to ask.. anyone here ever used Hyper X Alloy Elite 1 and 2 keyboards? i bought the Elite 1 around late 2019 and after like 5-6 months of using it some keys started to act up and not function properly then some keys just stopped working, so since it is still under warranty i returned it to the shop where i bought it and after 2 weeks they replaced it.. well actually not really replaced it. but told me they will replace it and i can choose any keyboard and brand i want since the Elite 1 was already phased out. Sadly there were not many keyboard to choose from that time so i got the Elite 2 instead. After 9 months of using it now here i am again having problem with some of the keys especially the letter "S" its not working properly. like if i press the letter S 10 times it will only register like 7-8 times.

anyone else had problems with hyperX keyboard? one main reason why i got this is because of the volume wheel/roller. i know its kind stupid reason. the other choice were corsair i think. but kinda way out of my budget. so anyway any suggestion of a good keyboard with volume wheel/roller and swappable keyswitch ?

edit

i bought the keyboard again to the store where i bought it. i hope they can replace it since it is still under warranty

Well, though I can’t help, I understand you perfectly.

In 2019, I had a bad experience with a cheap Logitech keyboard & mouse kit, unexpectedly, from time to time it would stop working completely, not responding to any command.
The only thing that solved the issue temporarily was, restarting the PC from the button.

I tried solving the issue by:
Changing the batteries/ inserting the wireless adaptor in another USB port/ reinstalling Windows 10/ using the newest drivers... etc.
Nothing helped.

In the end, I replaced the keyboard & mouse kit with a more expensive one and never had an issue again!

Conclusion:
Cheap parts are cheap for a reason:
They are no good!

Solution

zyclonenuz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2014
Well, though I can’t help, I understand you perfectly.

In 2019, I had a bad experience with a cheap Logitech keyboard & mouse kit, unexpectedly, from time to time it would stop working completely, not responding to any command.
The only thing that solved the issue temporarily was, restarting the PC from the button.

I tried solving the issue by:
Changing the batteries/ inserting the wireless adaptor in another USB port/ reinstalling Windows 10/ using the newest drivers... etc.
Nothing helped.

In the end, I replaced the keyboard & mouse kit with a more expensive one and never had an issue again!

Conclusion:
Cheap parts are cheap for a reason:
They are no good!

Hi ! actually I am using my old keyboard now a logitech G213 Prodigy while I'm waiting for the hyperx replacement. I used this for like 3 years or more before i replaced it with the HyperX alloy elite and the HyperX is not actually cheap... well not cheap if you are from where I am from (Philippines) err ok not sure if i phrased that correctly... but i do hope you get what i mean. lol !

I got so used to logitech before i had Logitech Elite Keyboard i think i used that for 8 years and Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550 and used that for around 7-8 years also. then i tried out Steelseries Shift this only lasted like 1.5 or 2yrs. i guess im looking for suggestions for a good brand (besides logitech) or reliable brand of keyboard for longevity.

Reactions: Endre

Endre

Reputable
Hi ! actually I am using my old keyboard now a logitech G213 Prodigy while I'm waiting for the hyperx replacement. I used this for like 3 years or more before i replaced it with the HyperX alloy elite and the HyperX is not actually cheap... well not cheap if you are from where I am from (Philippines) err ok not sure if i phrased that correctly... but i do hope you get what i mean. lol !

I got so used to logitech before i had Logitech Elite Keyboard i think i used that for 8 years and Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550 and used that for around 7-8 years also. then i tried out Steelseries Shift this only lasted like 1.5 or 2yrs. i guess im looking for suggestions for a good brand (besides logitech) or reliable brand of keyboard for longevity.

After having the issues, that I’ve mentioned earlier, with that Logitech keyboard & mouse kit, I bought a Microsoft combo.
I never had any issues with it.

So, a good brand that I suggest is: Microsoft.