[SOLVED] Bad fps after changing mobo

Feb 16, 2022
Hello, a while ago i decided to upgrade my motherboard and since i did that i have been having problems with the performance of my PC. I decided to change from my Asus B350-F to an MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus. I have experience with building PCs so everything was done carefully when installing. However when i booted with the new motherboard and after reinstalling windows and downloading drivers etc. I downloaded League of legends and when i got ingame the fps was fine until after 10-15 min when it started dipping down from 144 to around 90-100. When i had the fps uncapped it was somewhere between 370-300 at the start of the game but it still dipped down to 90-100 after a while. I tried changing the graphic settings to lower and tried changing the settings ingame but nothing worked. So i tried changing the Nvidia control panel setting from quality to balanced and then performance and tried to do some tuning with the 3D settings, i got a bit more fps but the game looked really bad and the problem was still there. I also turned on windows game booster and turned of the xbox game bar settings in windows and i reinstalled all drivers for the mobo and gpu, updated bios and did a cmos reset.

But nothing worked... So i decided to return the mobo and buy the ASUS Prime B550 Plus instead. I installed it and i still have the same problem. The first 10-15min of the game are perfect, i dont have any issues at all, but then the fps starts dropping. I had no issues like this when using the B350F, i use v-sync on league so i had a constant fps of 144 and it never went under. Now when i turn it off and uncap the fps i still have around 100-120 with all ingame settings set to low...

Cpu and gpu temps and fine when ingame, cpu around 60-65ºc and gpu 50-55ºc. The cpu and gpu are at 20-30% utilization when ingame and when i monitor nothing seems to be bottlenecking.
This is starting to get really frustrating so i would appreciate all the help i can get.

Ryzen 7 3800x
Corsair DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
M2 intel 660p 1TB
Asus Prime B550 Plus
Rtx 3070

Solution
Hello, a while ago i decided to upgrade my motherboard and since i did that i have been having problems with the performance of my PC. I decided to change from my Asus B350-F to an MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus. I have experience with building PCs so everything was done carefully when installing. However when i booted with the new motherboard and after reinstalling windows and downloading drivers etc. I downloaded League of legends and when i got ingame the fps was fine until after 10-15 min when it started dipping down from 144 to around 90-100. When i had the fps uncapped it was somewhere between 370-300 at the start of the game but it still dipped down to 90-100 after a while. I tried changing the graphic settings to lower and tried...
Hello, a while ago i decided to upgrade my motherboard and since i did that i have been having problems with the performance of my PC. I decided to change from my Asus B350-F to an MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus. I have experience with building PCs so everything was done carefully when installing. However when i booted with the new motherboard and after reinstalling windows and downloading drivers etc. I downloaded League of legends and when i got ingame the fps was fine until after 10-15 min when it started dipping down from 144 to around 90-100. When i had the fps uncapped it was somewhere between 370-300 at the start of the game but it still dipped down to 90-100 after a while. I tried changing the graphic settings to lower and tried changing the settings ingame but nothing worked. So i tried changing the Nvidia control panel setting from quality to balanced and then performance and tried to do some tuning with the 3D settings, i got a bit more fps but the game looked really bad and the problem was still there. I also turned on windows game booster and turned of the xbox game bar settings in windows and i reinstalled all drivers for the mobo and gpu, updated bios and did a cmos reset.

But nothing worked... So i decided to return the mobo and buy the ASUS Prime B550 Plus instead. I installed it and i still have the same problem. The first 10-15min of the game are perfect, i dont have any issues at all, but then the fps starts dropping. I had no issues like this when using the B350F, i use v-sync on league so i had a constant fps of 144 and it never went under. Now when i turn it off and uncap the fps i still have around 100-120 with all ingame settings set to low...

Cpu and gpu temps and fine when ingame, cpu around 60-65ºc and gpu 50-55ºc. The cpu and gpu are at 20-30% utilization when ingame and when i monitor nothing seems to be bottlenecking.
This is starting to get really frustrating so i would appreciate all the help i can get.

Ryzen 7 3800x
Corsair DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
M2 intel 660p 1TB
Asus Prime B550 Plus
Rtx 3070
this step by step in order, for better optimized performance (and avoid any issues after upgrade):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

and the chipset driver/software in control panel (if there is none just skip)

• restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, find AMD SVM and IOMMU options, enable them (if the option is only auto and disable, just leave it auto), set your XMP/Manual OC back then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution

TRENDING THREADS