Question bad fps in gta with 3060

Oct 26, 2021
i recently bought a new 3060 and im trying to play gta but i only get 30-40 fps so im trying to ask here

full specs:
cpu: amd ryzen 7 2700x
ram: 16 gb 3000mhz
motherboard: rog strix b450-f gaming
gpu: asus dual 12 gb 3060
storage: 1 tb and 223 gb force mp510
psu: seasonic b12 bc-750

tecmo34

Administrator
What is your gaming resolution, as that will play a factor. If you are running 1080p, you are more CPU limited then GPU, so could be the reason not seeing a major increase. Going 1440p or higher puts the stress more on the GPU. The 2700x is an older GPU, good but still order compared to the new 5000 series AMD CPU's.

What was your FPS prior with your old card?

When you installed the new card, did you do a DDU in Safe Mode to remove all the old drivers before installing? This is recommended with making a GPU upgrade, specially if going from AMD to Nvidia, as an example.

tecmo34

Administrator
I would boot into safe mode, utilized DDU and do a fresh install of the drivers with the 3060 to see if that makes a difference. If you are using 100% GPU on a 1050, you should be getting better FPS with the 3060, so it leads me to believe it is a driver issue, so a fresh install should help.

tecmo34

Administrator
i did it and it didnt work
Didn't work how?? Didn't see an improvement in FPS with the fresh / clean install of drivers or couldn't get the DDU to uninstall the drivers?

Have you tried lowering your settings to see if FPS improve? If you see no improvement at lower FPS, that means you are more CPU bound so the new GPU isn't making a difference since the bottleneck is the CPU. I'm guessing you might be running 1080p (?), so increasing your resolution will put more stress on the GPU and less on the CPU, if the bottleneck. .

TRENDING THREADS