Question Bad FPS on windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 recently and I have been having problems with FPS in games like rainbow six siege that are not hard to run at all. I want to go back to widows 7 but I cannot find a working ISO file so I am in a bit of a pickle. Could you guys help me either find the problem or find a ISO for windows 7. Thanks

So many questions that need to be answered. Let's start with the simple ones:

1. what are your system specs (CPU, RAM, GPU)
  2. all you changed was to upgrade to windows 10?
  3. were these games performing better before the OS upgrade?
  4. what are your frame rates before vs now?
  5. have you tried updating your graphics drivers and/or doing a clean install of the graphics drivers?

More to come, but let's get those out of the way for now.

Did you choose genuine Windows 10, or have you pirated it? By the sounds of things, you are looking for a pirated version of Windows 7. That is not what this forum is for. However, you can get a genuine unactivated ISO from Microsoft, for both Windows 7 and Windows 10.
I usually use https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techn...icrosoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool to get the direct links to Microsoft's ISOs, but if you use Microsoft Media Creation Tool, then you can also download an unactivated ISO through that.

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
So many questions that need to be answered. Let's start with the simple ones:

1. what are your system specs (CPU, RAM, GPU)
  2. all you changed was to upgrade to windows 10?
  3. were these games performing better before the OS upgrade?
  4. what are your frame rates before vs now?
  5. have you tried updating your graphics drivers and/or doing a clean install of the graphics drivers?
More to come, but let's get those out of the way for now.
My system specs are
FX 8350
ASUS m5a78l-m plus/usb3
16 GB DDR3 1633mz ram
GAMMAXX 400
480 GB 2.5 inch drive and
1tb HDD
650W certified white PSU
RX 570 8gb
Deep cool tesseract red cake

And I did a fresh install of windows 10 1903

The games were performing better on windows 7

I don't remember my fps on windows 7 but it was not laggy and my fps on windows 10 is like 16FPS avg

And I reinstalled my graphics driver twice using both the option driver and the recommend one

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Did you choose genuine Windows 10, or have you pirated it? By the sounds of things, you are looking for a pirated version of Windows 7. That is not what this forum is for. However, you can get a genuine unactivated ISO from Microsoft, for both Windows 7 and Windows 10.
I usually use https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techn...icrosoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool to get the direct links to Microsoft's ISOs, but if you use Microsoft Media Creation Tool, then you can also download an unactivated ISO through that.
Thanks for the accusation but I am using a genuine version of windows 10 right now and I have my windows 7 product key of home pre

Thanks for the accusation but I am using a genuine version of windows 10 right now and I have my windows 7 product key of home pre
Ah alright then... It was just the way you were asking for ISOs, it seemed like you wanted pirated versions.
Is your Windows 10 a clean install, or an update from 7? If it's an update, I'd suggest wiping the drive and then reinstalling Windows 10. Often, drivers will get a little bit messed up on a hardware change or operating system upgrade, and so rather than being a fault of the OS, all it might actually take is a reset. You can use the program I linked to in order to get direct Microsoft links to an ISO of either OS, or use Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to get the same ISO.

USAFRet

Titan
Downgrading to windows 7 was bad idea because it changed nothing
As noted in your other thread:
"Additionally, Win 10 is no more hardware intensive than Win 7 would be. "

Status
Not open for further replies.