Moots

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Hi can anyone tell me why my fps is all over place when im playin cod2 and cod4. Im using recommended default setttings, which is setting everything to low and cant keep a stable fps. Can anyone see on my system spec anything that could be making this happen.

Asus P5K-E WIFI-AP EDITION
Intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.4 GHz
Nvidia BFG GTX 285 1024 mb ddr3
4 GB ddr2 1066
BFG es series 800w psu
Windows 7 home premium 32bit

Caution this is Sparta

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Your specs are more than capable of running those games! my friend what antivirus are you using? how many processes are you running? and finally what version graphics drivers are you using? These can all be clear culprits in your delema. P.s Whats try running those games in compatibility mode for windows xp sp3 , i found that helped with a few older titles

Moots

Distinguished
May 31, 2008

Tried all those things when I formatted my computer. Im using kasperski firewall, have tried turnining firewall off, tried different nvidia drivers and nothing seems to make it any better. I had the same problem on windows xp, which led me to thinking that it is a hardware problem.

Moots

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
FPS on COD4 is anything between 100 - 125 but flicking between the 2, these are with low settings, i like to lock 125 fps when playin COD4, and would have thought it was possible with this card. Max settings on COD4 is unplayable fps is up and down all over the place. COD2 im just wanting 250 fps using dx 7 which wont happen either.

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
I can confirm that on COD2 125, 250 and 333 FPS give let you jump further and higher but not enough to give you a significant advantage in normal gameplay though. It is only usefull on Jump servers.

^^ Thats simply a case of where the engine is coded in such a way where you're position at a given point in time will be more accurate with more samples [frames]. Very few modern engines are still coded this way (for the above reasons). That in itself has no effect on my previous statement: That a 60Hz moniter can only physically display 60FPS, and that aside from that minor quirk in the COD engine, there are no benifits to such high FPS.

Moots

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Cod2 and Cod4 can both be played in 125, 250 and 333 fps, and I know their is not not a visual difference in using any of these, but this is just my preference to game with these fps. Nearly all the people im playin with will use 250 fps on cod2 or 125 - 250 on cod4 and yes there is a difference when playin with these fps. My question was just should I be able to hit the fps stable with graphic settings on low - med, ino im not gonna get them using max graphic settings.