Bad Game Preformance

Aug 19, 2018
For some reason my games run well sometimes and poorly sometimes. Far Cry 5 stutters and freezes all the time, and Watchdogs 2 runs like trash even at 720p, my thought is that maybe it has to do with my hard drive which is failing, I look up gameplay of games with the same specs and they ALL run better, any ideas?
SPECS:EVGA GTX 1060 6gb SSC
1x8gb DDR4 Ram
Intel i5 7500 @3.4GHZ
MSI Gaming B150A Gaming Pro MB
1TB HD
240GB SSD (For OS)
Thank you

Solution
I recommended running UserBenchmark not because it's a benchmark, but because at the end it compares your hardware against how it SHOULD perform and the program will notify if it detects an issue causing a low score. For example, if it finds your RAM is performing way below expectations, it might say "XMP Profile not in use" for example. So i suggest giving it a shot.
Aug 19, 2018

I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, and I have more ram on the way but games still should run better, especially when I’m not playing 1080p, you think the hard drive is the issue it’s the oldest component in my pc

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
You can diagnose that yourself, try to install one of those games onto your SSD and see if you get similar results.

Also run a bench test and share the results. Look at voltage, temp, clock speed, and RAM usage.

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Consider running a UserBenchmark. It's a benchmarking tool but it can be useful in identifying common issues or outlining what is performing far worse than it should be. Link > http://www.userbenchmark.com/. It may pickup that your CPU is running very poorly for some reason, for example. Hope this helps! :)

Aug 19, 2018

Tried Far Cry 5 it has a higher frame count but still dips hard on 1080p high

Aug 19, 2018

I ran heaven twice first time
Min 9fps
Max 300fps
Second time
Min 32fps
Max 432fps
Both times gpu temp was 80 degrees most of the time

Aug 19, 2018

Gpu clock- Afterburner says 1936MHz but heaven says 2012
And ram usage is at 37%

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Check your power settings :
Change the power plan
To change the power plan in Windows 10, perform these actions:

At the desktop, click the Search the web and Windows box and type "sleep".
Select Power and Sleep settings, then select Additional power settings at the bottom of the screen.
The Power Options window appears.

Make sure you aren't in a power saving mode.

Aug 19, 2018

It’s set to high performance

Aug 19, 2018

My gpu got up to 82 degrees is that a problem before it was halfway done

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
I recommended running UserBenchmark not because it's a benchmark, but because at the end it compares your hardware against how it SHOULD perform and the program will notify if it detects an issue causing a low score. For example, if it finds your RAM is performing way below expectations, it might say "XMP Profile not in use" for example. So i suggest giving it a shot.

Solution

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015

I've never used UserBenchmark before. I think I'm gonna give it a try. Seems like a damn effective tool.